Soundcard...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
I was thinkin about findin a sound card a while back but i was told that you only really need a sound card if you have surround sound speakers, is that true? whats the purpose of a sound card anyway?

I found that a lot of your sound quality runs down to your speakers. If you have a ridiculously crazy sound card with some garbage speakers and you try to pump up some bass and volume, your speakers will probably just end up popping. Then again, if you have some ridiculously crazy BOSE surround sound speakers with garbage integrated audio, then you won't get much out of anything.

I think you can be relatively safe buying a cheaper sound card with good speakers. Or if you're buying a new motherboard, some new ones have some actual integrated sound cards. My new motherboard has an actual soundblaster or something (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-487&depa=1). Then again, then doesn't matter much to me because of my trash speakers!

Well the speakers i have (in sig) are pretty awsome. I was just wondering about the card cause i wanna know if i can get a bit more quality of sound out of them. Or would it just be a waste of money?

You will obviously get much better clarity from a top end soundcard than a garbage one, but I honestly don't think an average card will be destroyed by the best card out on the net.

To be honest with you though, if you're getting some kick ass speakers, I'd spend the extra bucks and make it worth your while by getting a good card. There doesn't seem to be much sense in capping your speakers over a sound card. Perhaps it would be better to talk with someone more informed on the effect of sound cards and speaker combination on clarity.

Get the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS. It supports 7.1 surround sound and EAX 4.0 advanced HD audio. It's a really sweet sound card and it only costs about $70 for the OEM.
Yea for your speakers I would recommend something above integrated to make full use of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom