SoundBlaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutz900

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

Hope someone can help. I have a dual boot machine set up to run linux on one drive and XP Pro on the other. It is a PIII 650 (slot one).

The problem is with the sound card. I am trying to use a soundblaster model SB0090. It has five gold plated inputs and outputs plus one 1394 port. I think it is an Audigy2. I don't have the original install disk and none of the drivers I've downloaded from creative labs worked more than a time or two.

What happens is it works fine until I reboot or stop the machine for any reason. It seems to lose the driver. If I uninstall and remove, then reinstall the card, windows sees it and loads it's drivers, and works only until the driver installation program calls for the reboot. At that point when I try to reload the driver downloaded from the creative labs site, it says there is no soundblaster device detected and aborts.

It works fine all the time under linux, using just the drivers that came with my linux package, (Mandrake 9.0).

I would like to obtain a new install disk, but I cannot find it on their site; they seem to only have UPDATES, not hte original cd.

Thanks for your help.

Whow

How could you lose your installation cd ?
The website is indeed just an update.Maybe you can order a new cd as thats the answer,or i can send you a copy.

:D

I never had the original. I got the board on a non working pc. If you can send a copy that would probably do it for me...Let me know how you want to do this...

Thanks in advance.

ops

subdivizion said:
only an update? i don't think so.

i have Creative SB Audigy Platinum and the drivers on the Installation CD are for up to Windows 2000. since i'm now using XP i went and downloaded the XP drivers from the Creative website and the soundcard is working perfectly fine. check this link out: http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

He doesn't have a cd,we do.The website is only an update of the cd he doesn't have.Arent we lucky ?
:confused:

but i didn't even use the CD. i installed the drivers right from the downloaded executable. without installing the prevous driver and updating it.

You may be right

I meant to check that out today.Why not locate the dl and post the direct link here ?

;)

Really

subdivizion said:
i did.... look up 3 posts...
Are you playing games ? Post the link now and don't make it so difficult.
Everyone doesn't have your brain size.
:rolleyes:

Bluto, Actually he did post a link. Look at the 4th post down. I think the "brain size" comment was uncalled for. It just makes you look bad.

Nutz900, did you try installing the drivers that came with XP?

-Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom