Sound System for a Small Room?

SirMarcavisSinclair

Baseband Member
I have recently been looking into speakers / sound systems to use. It'll be used in a small room, talking 10' x 10' sized room here. So, I was wondering if going 5.1 was a waste of money? I was looking into the Logitech Z506 because I feel like anything over $100 would be indeed wasted. It would be used for both my PC and PS3, for both gaming and movies. So in short, 5.1 unneccesary? Why or why not? And what speakers / systems would you suggest?

Size of room doesn't make spending a decent amount of money unnecessary. Actually, a small relatively square room is perfect for 5.1.

If 100 is around your budget then your best is probably the Z506 speakers. If not, I would look into getting a 5.1 A/V and some decent home audio speakers.

Actually, a small relatively square room is perfect for 5.1.

That was my initial thought honestly. I figured the reflections of the walls in such an enclosed area would kind of aid it you know? But then the money saving part in me kicked in, and it seemed less logical for some reason. Haha

That was my initial thought honestly. I figured the reflections of the walls in such an enclosed area would kind of aid it you know? But then the money saving part in me kicked in, and it seemed less logical for some reason. Haha
Well it's more like you can evenly space your speakers out on the walls without the front or back being too far away. I kinda have the perfect 5.1 wall setup in my apartment, but alas no 5.1 lol.

you can get that sound reflecting foam they use in recording studios. I know that it helps a lot to reflect sound.

Back
Top Bottom