Sound problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Baseband Member
Hello,

Lately I've been listening to some mp3 music and i've been hearing popping during some of the songs. I use Windows Media player to play them. This popping is affected by the volume level of my speakers (IE, the popping is louder when the volume is higher). What could be the cause of this?

Is it the mp3's themselves? (what I origionally had thought)
Or is it my sound card (which is a onBoard SoundMAX -- from K8V SE deluxe motherboard)?
Or could it be my speakers (Logitech Z-640 5.1 Surround)?

Any input would be appreciated.

-Infinite

Sounds like a loose connection try putting slite pressure on the nob in various directions.Make sure all your connections are snug .
Try changing your environment to 2 speakers etc...See if digital or analog settings make a difference.If theres a test procedure with the onboard sound card .See if the polarity`s are correct.The Creative Live Soundblaster Audigy 2 has that feature.Try another set of speakers that may help narrow it down to the OB sound card good luck .

Well with my headphones I get the same popping during some of the songs, So Im pretty sure its not the speakers. I'll try the others things you suggested though, thanks!

ok i had this problem as well. dont know if this will work but you can try it.

when you open WMP and are playing a cd/music/whatever were the buttons for the equilizer and such are there is a section called SRS wow effects. when ever i had that on i would here a poping sound. after i turned it off i didnt here it any more. or when i turned the effects down. this is the only thing i might think would fix it. good luck

Yes, wow effects... When you turn it off you go "w0w", "I can hear". :p

Anyway, I also notice interference on my sound card if I have too many effects/enhancers on. If your card is decent you don't need any of those "functions" for great performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom