Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I got some new Creative 4.1 Speakers for my computer and cant seem to get any sound out of the back two speakers. I have switched the speakers around to make sure all the speakers work and they do. I have also switched the sound scheme on my computer around to different things and still nothing from the back two. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what the problem might be?

your sound card might not support 4.1 surround sound

if the speakers work just not surround sound that is.

Where can I find out what kind of sound card I have? I have a Dell computer and on the acknowledgement paper they gave me, which shows what all it came with,the only thing I could find, that it said about sound, is something about integrated audio.

Try this

See attached,but Dell oh well whats new.Go to Contrl Panel Sounds etc.
:D

Attachments

• 1wire.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 12
Well I found out what my sound card was and it doesnt support surround sound. Thanks for helping me out. Now, is there any good sound cards you would reccomend that do support surround sound. It doesnt have to be any real nice sound cards either cause I am probably going to be getting a nicer computer soon anyways. Thanks again for helping me figure out what was wrong.

I recommend Creative SB.Its best you go there and see if SBLive supports it,they don't cost much.It also depend on your OS,Wme or later.
Then you will have to disable onbord sound and uninstall everything.Are you up to this ? If not hold out for the new one and get Audigy2.

I am up to anything as long as I have someone to help walk me through it...lol....Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom