Sound Crackling problem, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsk

Solid State Member
When i am listening to sounds of any kind (in winamp, game sounds, videos etc.) after afew minutes i will hear a crackling sound which will last for quite a while, then dissapear and come back in afew more mins. If i completely stop the sound (e.g pause the music in winamp) then it will also go away. My comp specs are below please help!

AMD Athlon XP 2100+
ASUS A7N8X-X Mobo (onboard sound)
Radeon 9600Pro
1024MB DDR RAM

Check your ACPI and maybe update it.
Go to Start-->Control Panel-->Administrative Tools-->Computer Management-->Device Manager-->Computer.

Make sure your Hardware buffer for your card is not too low or too high.

If it is too low you will have underruns
If it is too high you will have overruns.

Also it might be that your on-board cannot handle certain sounds. My on-board did the same thing until I upgraded to a $20 PCI sound card. The quality difference is huge

did u try different speakers, though it prolly isnt the source. just to make shur.

if your using an audio jack thats wired from a different location on your pc... example - the front pannel audio port thats wired internally to the audio terminal either on your mobo or sound card... Switch temporarily to the audio jack thats directly on your Mobo, or Sound card. that will eliminate the posibility of any interfierence on a line.

if everything checks out fine, and no driver conflicts. but u still have the prob. only think i can think of is if u can install 'a or a different sound card to rule out if its a hardware problem.

"Make sure your Hardware buffer for your card is not too low or too high."

How??

I just put in another sound card to try it out and i dont think it made any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom