Sound Card or Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammyham

Baseband Member
Hi. I just recently upgraded and bought a Gigabyte 8Ik1100 motherboard and a Pentium 4 2.8C.. Huge improvement from my old 1.5A.
I am wondering what I should get next, sound or video card? I'm currently running a Radeon 9000 64mb AGP 4x and onboard sound.. So my video card is pretty outdated and the onboard sound isn't as good as I wish.

Would a sound card improve game performance ? I'm a musician too, so I do a lot of recording and mixing and I also do a lot of video editing.

And as for a video card, I don't need top of the line, just something that would perform better than my current one. I've noticed the real genuine cards made by ATI or Nvidia are a bit out of my price range.. Are any of the cheaper copy cards good? Thank you.

My 2 cents...

A new video card would definitely improve your gaming and video editing. I guess it comes down to what is more important: gaming, video editing, or music recording.

I am using an xFx GeForce FX 5200, 128MB, AGP 8x. It was very reasonably priced ($60 4 months ago...might be cheaper now), and it does the trick. I don't game very much, but I do a lot of video editing and it works great for that.

I recommend upgrading both your vid and sound card. You will need the newer vid card to handle the graphic intensive games and applications and you will need the sound card to improve on the sound quality and functionality in regards to your music.

You can get both upgrades at a very reasonable price, you should be able to get both for under $225.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom