Sound card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

camman977

Beta member
ok, i got a ks75a motherboard with an onboard sound card. the driver for the sound card is a SiS 7012.
i had to reformat and reinstall windows, i have done this more than once and always had the same problem. driver wouldn't work, so i did what other websites said about profiles in registry. it always worked, well, this time, windows thinks it's a different card, a c-media ac97 card. and tries to install that driver instead of lewtting me choose correct driver, how do i fix this? (i have no sound at all right now)

Do you have the drivers for your motherboard? Install the drivers from your motherboard, remove the C-media AC97 card from Device Manager and reboot. I did this once before in a simila situation and it works fine. Might just have to install the original mobo drivers and reboot.

A friend of mine said the same thing happened to him and he had to disable(in safe mode), what in your case would be the C-media AC97 driver, and then manually select his correct driver. He said he still had the disabled driver in Device Manager which kept it from reinstalling, but his correct driver worked. Sounds like a pain in the butt. Too bad you don't have any old sound cards laying around I'd say just disable the old card on the mobo and use a different one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom