Sound Card problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Live! Value. And, every time that I don't touch the mouse or the keyboard for about 5 seconds, the sound freeze... and, I need to move the mouse. I though it was my power supply but, I buyed a new 350 watts and, it dind't helped!

What I mean that the sound freeze, I mean that if I listen to music, the sound stay to the same frame...

Can someone help me?

BTW: I tried with a C-Media 8738 PCI and, all was fine, it was not freezing.

EDIT: It started doing this since I had my ATI Radeon 9200, and, computer specs are in signature.

Try this

You might want to try and taking out your sound card. Boot back up and enter your bios disabling your onboard sound. Then go into your system device manager; locate your sound, video, and game controller. Remove everything in it. Shut down and restart in safe mode.

Now find your driver file and install it while in safe mode. restart in safe mode, then shut down and install you sound card again. Boot up normally. then configure your settings using whatever program you have.

I had to do this more then once using my sound card and I have this cheapo Mad Dog Predator 5.1 / 6 Channel card and it worked for me...

Nuke :bald:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom