Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisquik

Solid State Member
I recently built a computer and everything is working fine except for the sound card. When the computer is turned on, I recieve the alert that new hardware is found. I try to search for drivers by selecting the CD drive with the CD that came with the card, but it says that nothing can be found. When I run the CD to install the card, I get a message stating that there is no Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card plugged in. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or how I can fix it?

do you have on board sound. if you do you have to disable it possibly in your bios or a jumber on your mb. i had this problem when i first got mine about 4 years ago. i ended up calling there tech support they were very helpful

You could also try moving the Audigy card to another slot and try again. Spooky, but it does work sometimes.

I did try both disabling the onboard sound and switching the slot it was in, but I still had no luck. Is tech support my last option?

Also, the OS is Windows XP Professional x64 edition. Could this be causing a problem as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom