Sorry Chris/Nubius. I'm Out :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
So for anyone who didnt know, we were comparing the different brands of 6600GT's by benching and overclocking.

well as i posted b4, i was gettin corruptions, so i took it into my friend at his shop and we replaced everything, new harddrive, new ram, new graphics card, even a new DVD-RW ( it didnt cost me anything, we put my old stuff back into the boxes and back onto the shelf *shhh*)

but still without luck, so we checked the motherboard and it turns out I've blown a capacitator with all the overclocking, it turns out ASUS isn't much of an overclocking brand..
so he ordered a new mobo for me and is going to switch the boxes and send back my broken one on warranty (its so good knowing someone like him)

and yea i promised him i wouldnt do anymore hard overclocking :p so sozzie :eek:

So stuck on my old computer for the rest of the week, oh well, a new computer to look forward to next week :D
It sucks, because I just brought source and i cant get it and I cantplay the new Star Wars game because this is far from a gamng computer. :amazed:

am interested to see your results though... my Gigabyte 6600GT is overclocked to 500mhz core / 1152 Mhz mem and benchmarks on 3DMARK03 at 8483 and Aquamark : 55504

are you guys getting much higher than this?

The highest i recorded before the problems was 54k in Aquamark, and 8437 in 3dmark03

VIII said:

but still without luck, so we checked the motherboard and it turns out I've blown a capacitator with all the overclocking, it turns out ASUS isn't much of an overclocking brand..

dfi uses japanese capacitors :D

Hygor - These are the best results I've gotten in various benchmark programs thus far:

570/1121 @ DDR4472 @ 2.479GHz - 71.84 Drivers- 8747 - 3dmark03

566/1109 @ DDR450 - 2.593GHz - 71.84 - 54,505 - Aquamark3

566/1109 - DDR472 - 2.479GHz - 71.84 - 3830 - 3dmark05

You got some nice benches considering you haven't even raised the core, but considering your card would overheat rather quickly I can see why you didn't.

You on a good intel or AMD64 platform I assume? I'm on Socket A still and the memory controller of the newer platforms is what'll give most people 8K in 3dmark03 stock while mine will be like 7500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom