Something is wronge PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikaze155

Solid State Member
ok i had Adobe Photoshop 7.o and recently swiped my hard drive... after doing so i thne installed Adobe Photoshoo 7.0 again and everytime i open it i get an Error Message saying that my Scratch disks and plug ins are installed on the same drive or some weird thing like that and if i try to do a simple task such as using the paint bucket to fill a document in black it just freezes and takes about 10 min just to fill in a document black... will some one please help me or IM me or Email me or sumthing to help me PLEAEEESE!! tthank you.. AIM:Nohype56 Email:Nohype56@aol.com

As far as I know, scratch disks must be located on a different partition to the one the program is loaded on. (ie not on the C drive).

They are used as temporary storage space (a bit like the swap (virtual memory) is by windows) so they need to be fairly large. They definately have to be at least about 4 times the size of the largest file you wish to open.

when i got o preferences it sais scratch disk 1 is on start up.. is that right? all the others are under NONE

To check or change the location of the scratch disk, you should be able to go into file->preferences->plug ins & scratch disk.
Here you can specify the hard disk partition to use. I suggest you check that first & if it's using C drive, change it to a different partition with enough free space on it.

If you're still having a problem after that, it sounds like the preferences file may be corrupt. This file is created during startup & contains info contained in preferences section. If you delete this file, it will force photoshop to create a fresh one containing default settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom