something is wrong with new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armethion

Baseband Member
the old psu for my new pc didnt work, so now i got a new one, and it seems like it works.but i am now having other problems...
i plug in the monitor and stuff turn on the computer and noting is happening.. well the proccessor the fans and stuff are on but the monitor dosent reconize that the computer is on. so i figure i should put in the windows disk, but when i press the button on the cd drive it dosent open... i dont see why that is happening. maybe i didnt install the cd drive right.. but i have no clue why the monitor isnt doing anything.
help?

sounds like you didn't plug in the new PSU right, also sounds like your video card might not be getting power.

in brief try to describe how you plugged everythign in to the PSU.

ASUS AN8-SLI premium mobo
athlon 64 3500+
nvidia 6600gt
maxtor 250gb hdd
2 disk drives
1 floppy drive

i think the video card is getting power because the fan on it is spinning.

well, if you're positive that your monitor is plugged in and it's powered up right, then it looks like you have a video card problem. but that doesnt seem likely if it worked b4 u switched PSU's. In BIOS everything is configured so it reads video input from your card right? (not sure if thats how ur board is setup)

what new PSU did you get?

well, i plugged in the 12v and the power connecotor where the should be. i plugged the drives into those four pin connector things... what else is there to plug. sorry if its a bad description, this isnt an easy thing to escribe

Hmm, i have the 550w model of that PSU, very good one...should work just fine.

you couldn't possible test a different monitor could you? And if you leave the PC running for a bit, does it beep at you? Or does it keep running.

If it keeps running, wait a bit, and try to login as you normally would with they keyboard. Make sure speakers are on and see if you get a login sound or anything.

It looks as if you video card is not working, or your monitor has stopped working. Or you are just overlooking a power connection somewhere. Hard to tell on the interrnet lol.

speakers.... dosnet seem like they are working i put them in and the greenlight on the speakers dosent come on.

how would i noramaly login with a keyboard? and how would a brand new video card not work?
i checked with the monitor i am using now, same thing happens.

hmm...the old PSU might have taken the vid card with it, happens all the itme. But if thee fan on it turns on and all that stuff...doesn't seem like it's dead.

your spekers dont work either huh? they are plugged into mobo and not an expansion card right? maybe some of your mobo has died, that also is not uncommon.

login with keyboard like "CTRL > ALT >Del >enter password and Enter (assuming ur using Windows)

Maybe your wall outlet where your monitor and speakers has died lol...and ur PC is jsut fine. Try plugging everythign in somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom