Something new for me "AGP bus VDDQ 3,3V" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemlouis

Beta member
Hi to all,

I have some problems with my ASUS Ati Radeon 9600XT (I bought this card a few days ago). I have a VIA694T

Socket370 ATX Mainboard running Celeron 1300A. I installed the card correctly then I get the display. After

instaling the drivers I want to see the power of the card then I run Need for Speed Underground with all

the details on and with a 1280*1024 resolution. It worked fine but after 20 min the game freezed. I run

PES3 (pro evalution soccer3) after 15 min it freezed again. Afterwards I was a bit freightened so I

installed Smartdoctor program (came with ASUS's driver cd) to see if there is something wrong. BINGO the

program says that my AGP bus VDDQ voltage is 1,51V and it was written in red. When I checked the manual

there says it must be 3,3V. After this I planned to upgrade my system (Mainboard, CPU, RAM). So I checked

some sites and ASUS's mainboard site so I am now planning to buy "ASUS P4C800 mainboard". But there is

something scratching my brain. In the board's specification table which is here:

http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=P4C800&langs=01 says: 1 x AGP Pro/ 8X/ 4X (0.8V, 1.5V only) but the

smartdoctor and the manual says that "AGP bus VDDQ voltage must be 3,3V. So what? Is there something that I

don't know? I need advices

Thanx for reading till here.
Cem Louis

The 4x is .8 and 1.5 only. The 8x is 3.3v. Make sense? You need an 8x agp to get the 3.3V for the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom