Something about media center extenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tykkimies

Beta member
i have fios tv and internet and it requires me to use their router. I want to buy a tv tuner card and media center extender for computer. If i connect the coax to teh tv card then that will get rid of a lot of my fios channels that are encrypted. I want the tv tuner to get live tv and record it like ti-vo. Is it still possible to have the tv tuner card do that without connecting the coax wire into it so i can record my local stations while still getting my fios tv?

I know this might be confusing. If you need clarification ask me for it.

You need the TV Tuner card to connect to the video source though. It sounds like you're going to buy a card and put it in your PC and that's all. What are you going to use to connect it to the source?

thats kinda what my question is. Is there a way to get a tv card to work in recording live tv and stuff without having to use my fios coax cable becuase that will not allow me to have the rest of my fios channels. Is there another connection i can make from teh tv to the tuner card allowing me to have both fios and local channels recordable from the tv tuner?

Yes Verizon has already decided on a solution for it called CableCARD. If the TV Tuner card you buy has CableCARD compliance then you can watch the normal channels including the encrypted FiOS channels.

The Verizon page explaining it is here: Verizon | FiOS TV - Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom