Someone please just make it very clear to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not an amd guy so i will have to do my homework. But amd has the advantage over intel. beats it out clock per clock and is why they dont have those high clock speeds. there architecture wont let them but still dishes out the same or even more performace than intel.
I will post amd chip specs tomorrow as i am very tired

OK thanks. It seems to me at this point that for the extra money you are buying cooling and stability.

one reason I bought Intel over AMD is I believe Intel has this very nifty feature of throttling down as it gets too hot whereas the beloved AMD will burn its little heart out for you and melt all over your mainboard......very nice feature Intel has for those of us who know not what they do...if you do know what you are doing, it does look as if AMD is a much better bargain...

2newbee4
Actually intel produces more heat than any amd chip just disblaces it better.
And they do not even run that hot under load maybe 45-55 and intel at 40-50
That is not hot as you know the melt down point it 85 degrese which i still dont agree with but thats what it is and every chip shuts its self off offer 75.
So dont worrie about over heating true orb.

Amd delivers there performence in their chips by amount of work done clock per clock and improving the operating frequency at the same time. This produces a high volume of work done per cycle and high operating frequencies.
QuantiSpeed architecture which amd is based around produces a nine-issue, superscalar, fully-pipelined core. This provides more pathways to feed application instructions into the execution engines of the core, simply allowing the processor to complete more work in a given clock cycle. This architecture also has even more goodies such as superscalar, fully-pipelined floating point engine, hardware data prefetch, and exclusive, speculative Translation Look-aside Buffers (TLBs). Combined, these features help boost overall productivity and allow a system to boot and load applications quickly.
The AMD XP processor with performance-enhancing cache memory features 64K instruction and 64K data cache for a total of 128K L1 cache. 512K of integrated, on-chip L2 cache for a total of 640K full-speed, on-chip cache.

Socket A infrastructure designs are based on high-performance platforms and are supported by a full line of optimized infrastructure solutions (chipsets, motherboards, BIOS).
The die size is 54.3 million transistors on 101mm2(approx)
Which allows extreme performance, and allows them to keep up with intel 100% of the way

Wow XT, you're a regular info index! Well, it seems like the AMD 3200 or 64-bit is as good or better than the P4 and costs less.

You guys are great!

Is there any use to the 64-bit chip though? If I recall correctly I remember people saying it costs way too much, considering the 64 can be utilized on hardly anything.

Thanks for the compliment True-orb
Well the 64 3200+ will only be a 32 3200+ until all apps go 64 bit. I personally believe it will be anywhere from 2-4 years before apps go 64 bit.
My advice is to buy a 2500+ or 3000+ to save some money and in the future(couple years) when all apps go 64 you can just buy a regular 64 3200+(which will allow you to strap it into your mobo already because this chip is not moving sockets) and probably at a reduced cost.

After all the info XT posted ..ther's not much to add ... But then i just wanted to say this

Though AMD's run at higher temperatures ... the temp..the die can withstand is also much higher than the Intel...
Also ..it makes sense to buy a good HS n' an AMD than buy an intel ..which would eventually cost the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom