Someone please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awar318

Solid State Member
Dont know if this is the right section of this forum but I need help.

Story: About a year and a half ago I bought an Alienware computer. Yes I know I could have put the thing together by myself for half the price but I was young and Naive then. Anyways, ever since ive had it no matter what game I play, my computer will either black screen and I have to restart, or it will restart itself, for no apparent reason.

I demanded they take it back and fix it which they did, but now its doing it again and I dont know how to fix it. Its really starting to annoy me. I bought this as a gaming computer and I cant even play games. Anyone know what the problem could be or how to slove it? The game I play mostly is Diablo2. Ill play for like 30 minutes or so and it will restart itself, sometimes less than 30 minutes sometimes more. Its very frustrating. Someone please help ..

are all the case fans working? And are you running any program that can check the heat of the cpu mobo etc? That sounds like an overheat issue. Is the vid card overclocked too high? Anyway, I would check out the heat issue, make sure all fans are working and blowing the right direction. Intel recommends that the system temp be idle at 38c. If you are above 42c I would say you have an issue. Also try and get compressed air and use it on the cpu and graphics card heatsinks, if they are clogged with dust that could be your issue also, that is what happned to a friend of mine.

Try using SpeedFan or one like it. It will let you control your fans and for some models give you the temp

I downloaded Speedfan and my computer doesnt seem to be running at a high temperature. Any other suggestions?

You are online now, I used to have this problem a long time ago... give me a minute to think how i solved this problem.

Would you be able to tell me the setup of your system please, include CPU, memory (quantity and speed), graphics card, motherboard and Operating System (95/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP).

Also, is this a new game you have started to play?

When was the last time you updated drivers/service packs?

so it doesn't reboot and we can MAYBE get an error message (assuming XP or 2000), rt click my computer, properties, advanced, startup and recovery button, and remove check from 'reboot' in the system failure section. Now it'll just freeze, which still sucks but maybe we can elicit a error or find out what is not responding, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom