some computer decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, definately build your own. You will learn so much and you will get a computer much better for the price, especially in the price range your looking at. However, if you do want to buy, get it custom built at a local "mom-and-pop" computer store. Don't go through Best Buy, Circuit City, or any other big-name store. And what ever you do, i am WARNING you, DON'T get an HP!!

If u want to save money, better 4 u to DIY.
U can still use back old ram.
Is your amd2000 Athlon XP? The 1 u plan to buy also amd2500 Athlon XP?

Hey guys thanks for the replies, im gonna check out those sites (btw didi its amd xp) I also have another question, I have cable internet running into my garage, my dad ran a line into my room then we moved the computer into the basement so now theres a cable line running there also. How would i make it so i can utilize the internet from both computers without having to pay the extra XX dollars a month? My friend says to put a router in the garage and that will split the line and it will actually INCREASE internet speed and i will be able to run two direct lines to my basement computer as well as the one in my room. He also said the router acts a cable modem so i don't have to buy a brand new cable modem for the computer in my room. Its really confusing for me so if someone could link me to a site or explain to me how this works or what router to use i would appreciate it GREATLY!
:)

tOny mOnt4n4 said:
Hey guys thanks for the replies, im gonna check out those sites (btw didi its amd xp) I also have another question, I have cable internet running into my garage, my dad ran a line into my room then we moved the computer into the basement so now theres a cable line running there also. How would i make it so i can utilize the internet from both computers without having to pay the extra XX dollars a month? My friend says to put a router in the garage and that will split the line and it will actually INCREASE internet speed and i will be able to run two direct lines to my basement computer as well as the one in my room. He also said the router acts a cable modem so i don't have to buy a brand new cable modem for the computer in my room. Its really confusing for me so if someone could link me to a site or explain to me how this works or what router to use i would appreciate it GREATLY!
:)

\Any 802.11b will be fine, it won't increase the speed though, if you want, you could just get a hub instead, a lot cheaper, and not much of a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom