some compuer tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well when I took my computer to some technician (dad said I had to becuase he thought it was something I was doing wrong) to get the HDD I bought to work right. Well we go to his place and he told us beforehand that he could do it really quick free of charge. After 20 minutes or so he has nothing. and while he is dong this he is discing everything about my comoputer. Then I tell him that I was going to make my next build a conroe. He says "whats that?" I say "core 2 duo" and he says "What are you talking about?" Like I am a total dumba$$. So then I mention intel and he just explodses. Now I am getting ****ed at his ignorance and overrall rudeness. After that he kinda has an idea of what a core 2 duo is and tells me how they runn wa too hot. and how they dont overclock at all.

well after that settles down he asks me where I got my HHD form. so I told him I got it from newegg. Oops that was another mistake. he refered to it as "egghead".??? and told me all about how the cusotmer support sucked and all. and how they bought old equipment and resold it outdated to the public. Well he totaly fu*** himself over when he saw the date on the HDD was aug 12. LOL

and to think he was a certified tech. and he was such a total idiot.

certified and knowing what is going on are two completely different things. I have been working in IT for 10 years and have count em 0 certs. I do need to get some but I have had no problem getting business by word of mouth. btw if you are building a conroe (whatever that may be never heard of it) will you change your sig? ;-)

o it is just a joke. I dont have a problem with intel really. Just a spur of the moment thing. ie; got bored in PS

conroe is the core name for the Intel core 2 duo proccesser. was the name for it around hear while it was in developent, and is easier to type LOL.

Some of the so-called "techs" that advertise their services are pretty dumb when it comes to the new hardware and software. I've talked to several who are still hanging on to old modems and CD drives (note, not burners) just in case. Of what, I don't know.

While most people who need tech services won't need someone who knows about C2D, AM2, perpendicular recording, PCI-E2, and such, some will. Even popping a SATA drive on these idiots will give them fits because they have no idea of how to hook it up ("It ain't got a big enough interface for the cable!").

I'm almost the opposite. A lady at work had me work on her computer (cleaning out adware/spyware mostly). it was running Win98. I actually had to go to Google for a couple of things... because the operating system was so old (and I couldn't remember where to find some things that are in different places in XP).

I see you change your avatar. :) sorry you missed the sarcasm in my "never heard of a conroe before" but thanks for the excellent explanation. I was a bit saucy last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom