Solar Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abele

Baseband Member
Does anyone know about, connecting a laptop to solar power. I tried getting a system, from my local Solar shop, but they had no idea, they didn't have any thing that could do any thing remotely close. They seemed to think that it would cost thousands and then not provide power for very long.

They also said you need a pure sine wave inverter, but i don't think it's required, as I can connect DC to the Laptop, so what is the point of going Solar Cell DC to interver AC to Power transfor DC to PC. Any thoughts on the logic, these Guys at the Solar shop are using.

I don't expect to running the Laptop for days off the solar panel, just a few hours a day, (usually longer than the battery life) but a system that can provide the require amount would be better. ( I need 15volt and 5 Amp) and possiblely connect to mains power if avaviable.

Are there any systems out there that can do this, and maybe semi portable or fully portable, with a small amout of setting up?

Thank you very much for the amazingly fast reply. Having a read right now, it looks very interesting. Thanks

Hmmm, never thought of this before. Wouldn't seem very practical in a travel situation where space is an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom