Socket A Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not concerned at the least bit with upgradability. I have this Pentium 4 rig with PCI Express and I'm sure it'll keep my Dad going for a while. By the time I'll get rid of this Socket A rig is when it really starts to show its age or when the new P4 6xx come out and I want one or when Socket 939 PCIe boards are actually seen on the market...right now ZZF was suppose to get the K8N Neo4 yesterday, the delivery date is now pushed to 1/19 and the prices for PCIe boards keep getting hiked...all I can think of as being cost effective is Socket A + OC...

well problem is i'm not getting PCIe for Socket 939, i'm just souping up my Socket A rig to keep up with a 6600GT gfx...that is all...

sorry about that man. i must of misread. i thought u were looking for a pci-e based card. the 6600 gt (agp) sounds good.

Nah...no problem...ChipX...it's all cool...if you can find me a PCIe board for Socket 754/939...I might reconsider!

I don't think PCIe is needed right now...unless you have the GeForce 6200 with TurboCache or the X800XL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom