Socket 3 or socket 462?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

In Runtime
I really should know the answer to this, and i know at one point i did, but i've been out of the loop for a little while.

I have an amd xp 3000+ .

Looking at a number of sites that sell processors i can't really ascertain what socket type it is. I see it listed as Socket 3, but i also see it listed with a lot of socket 462's so i'm getting a bit confused.

So, a newbie question i am forced to ask...

What socket is the amd xp 3000 and what difference is a socket 3 from a socket 462???

:beard:

amd xp=socket A

no,there is no diffrence with the socket 3

im pretty sure that a 462 is AMD sempron

AMD Athlon, Duron, and some sempron I think are Socket A, which is the same as Socket 462. I have never before heard of Socket 3.

Ok. So is a SOCKET 462 intel's name for the same basic socket?? Or is 462 an actual name for an AMD socket? Some site i came upon really confused the heck out of me. They had things all mixed up in their descriptions.

I'm looking at watercoolers, so is it safe to assume that anything that is compatible with a socket 462 will also be compatible with a socket A??

Only thing Intel has that is close to socket 462 is socket 478, which are very different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom