Snapstream Firefly remote conflicting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousYellow

Baseband Member
Hello I am thinking about getting this multimedia remote for my PC as I am planning on creating a kick ass HTPC.

http://www.snapstream.com/Products/firefly/default.asp

Problem is, my bastard brother is going to copy me and buy the excact same one. The remotes use RF for transmitting signals with no support for IR. Are these remotes going to conflict with each other? His room is just across the hall from mine.

Thanx in advance for the help

haha... even when one of you could walk across the hall and talk to the other, you still decide to argue in a forum... haha niice... how old r yall?

- im pretty sure RF is the same thing used in regular remote controls. this COULD pose as a problem. if the signals are somewhat directly crossed between one of the recievers (computer) and one of the transmitters (remote), you could have trouble. All is ok, however, if "bastard brother" desires a middle-of-the-night volume change to the other's computer! ;)

actually now that i think about it, i think i am wrong. I think RF is Radio Frequency which can go through walls and is very powerful. If this is true, it probably wont work. UNLESS, the transmitters and recievers are different signals or bands or whatever, and then maybe it will work! big help i am...

ive already answered this question w/ the link above...here's the text from the manufactures website.

2.6 Can I use more than one Firefly PC Remote with my system?

Yes. You will, however, need to change the "channel ID" of one remote so that the commands sent from each don't conflict with one another. To change channel ID, select the "Settings" in the Beyond Media Basic Main Menu, then select "Firefly Settings." Use your Firefly Remote to change the "Remote Channel" option from "all channels" to a specific channel, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom