smmmokin

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0n

Beta member
TODAY I RECIEVED A X-DREAMER II CASE FROM NEWEGG. PRETTY NEAT LOOKIN. BUT WHEN I INSTALLED MY PARTS FROM MY OTHER CASE I RAN INTO A MAJOR PROBLEM. AFTER PUTTING EVERYTHING TOGETHER I PUT SOME POWER TO IT. THE SECOND I PLUGGED IT IN IT MADE A HIGH PITCHED NOISE AND STARTED SMOKIN. SO I TOOK THAT POWER SUPPLY OUT AND TRIED MY OLD 400 WATT. IT BLEW UP, BLUE SPARKS AND EVERYTHING. IN THE END IM LEFT WITH A SMOKIN MOBO AND 2 BLOWN POWERSUPPLIES. THANX FOR THE HELP.

I would think those psus were peices of junk. What manufacteror were they from?
You can really do anything just try to salvage anything you can like the video card hard drive etc.

BUT 2 IN ONE NIGHT... I HAD NO PROBLEMS BEFORE I MOVED EVERYTHING IN THE NEW CASE.THE ONLY NEW HARDWARE WAS THE PS THAT CAME WITH THE CASE. IVE BEEN STARRING AT THE COMPUTER FOR ABOUT 30 MIN AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT WOULD BE. MOBO IM THINKIN?

POWMAX AND TURBOLINK... I USED THE POWMAX FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS W/O A PROB THEN I TRIED THE NEW ONE IN THE CASE FORST AND STARTED SMOKIN. THINK I GOT A FRIED MB?

Stop posting in caps please.
Those to me are both junk psu's so i would have to blame them. Sometimes they bring down components in the computer like the mobo or hard drive with them but the only way to check is to put that component in a working systme. Since smoke was coming from the mobo i would think thats shot as well maybe the video and sound cards. but i would think the hard drive should be good and the cd-rom and floppy

well, i hope you have a warranty for the PSU, the motherboard, the CPU, the RAM and any PCI/AGP cards or IDE/Floppy drives that were connected to the mobo.

you know, just in case..........

Hmm, I dunno about the PSU's but the motherboard might have been touching some metal. Are you sure you mounted it right? Those spacers are important.

Thanks for the help. My buddy is bringing over a mobo for me (a cheap ecs) and a ps. I hope that works. I'll keep u posted.

I'm with mousepad, it sounds like you shorted out the system with the mobo touching something that it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom