Small Computer - what do you reccomend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my point, he can build a sub-500 USD system depending on his needs or build a crazy 800+ system.

I agree with Megadeth first recommendations. I think it would be a good idea to built somthing pretty good. Their are tons of ATX Micro cases. An Athlon 64 3200, would work good, socket 939 of course.

You would be able to built a longer lasting system for 700$. This way your system is more flexible, so you can do some gaming and work. Rather then having a system limited to moderate applications.

So where do I start? What part numbers/names exactly? What sites do you guys use to purchase online?

Thanks!

Echo...what will this be used for? What is your price target? How much portability does this thing need? Will you be gaming? Would you like AGP or PCI-Express? Most importantly, how often do you upgrade your computer?

ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS!

Okay sorry. It will be used at school to try various installations of OS's, server applications, etc.

I won't be gaming on it at all, but faster installs make things so much easier. I'd like to spend under $550 if possible, but am flexible.

Upgradable would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Echo Kilo

So you want fast installs? I would recommend a harddrive with either 10,000 rpm (or 2 if you have the space) but 1 of those costs 180.00 for about a 75 gig one. Also I would definetly go with a pentium processor.

If you have the money consider going for a 15,000 rpm harddrive. They make installs and loading times much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom