Small 6600 gt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenhart

Solid State Member
I am happy to say that i am the proud owner of a new 6600 gt. However, whenever i scroll down a screen, it does so in a choppy manner. if i want to go to the bottom of a page, when i scroll down, normally a screen would zoom by everything in between. with the 6600, it simply changes from the point of origin to the destination as defined by the scrolling of the mouse wheel. it often takes about a second and a half. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Do you have the drivers installed? I assume so, but for me this happens if they are not. And did you remove any older drivers you may have had from a previous graphics card? Also do your games work alright?

Wow. Thanks for your help. I feel like a huge dumbass. oh well. See, the first time i installed the drivers, i think windows tried to stop me, and i might have by accident clicked ok.

Frankly, i cant blame you for laughing. Anyhow, i just tried Half Life; worked fine. Half life two, however, is going at about 10 fps. This time, when i restarted my computer, it said that there was a power supply problem. God damnit. I'm hoping that i can get one at best buy or something. Any specific suggestions for power supplies?

If it told you there was a power supply problem, did it say that the power was not plugged into the card or something? With the AGP version of the card, you need to plug a molex connector into the card to give it enough power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom