Slowest machine on forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have a 6 mhz "laptop" with an 8 inch monochrome widescreen (!) display.
like 512kb ram... 20mb hard drive...
(our first computer! ^^ ) I remember my dad would get pi$$ed because me and my brother would record audio (.wavs) and literally filling the hard drive. Sad stuff.

then our 25mhz 486(DX!) with 4mb ram. 125mb hd...

both still work, last time I checked.

Wow, some of those comps are really really slow. My oldest slowest went in the dumpster a few months ago after I took everything I could possibly use. Heres a list of all my old computers... I will give the cpu, cause back then I havent even heard of fsb or video cards and all ther, I just wanted to play duke nukem 3d

Ones that are gone
Some 486 or something
Pentium 133
Pentium 166

Ones I gave to my family
Penitum 350
Pentium 350
Pentium 400
AMD 1800+

And below you can see mine :) I am the only really serious gamer.

My dad has a working IBM 8086. I think he bought it in '83. Or maybe '85. I can't remember. It's kinda neat, obviosly not his primary system.

8088 u mean? That was the first working PC ever built (the previous version was a calculator). lol. He must of bought it in '83.

alecjahn said:
Thought I should add - We also got an old 70's calculator. Noone can beat that. :cool:

I have an old 70's Calculator also, it is still better than my 2000 calculator.

agex000 said:
8088 u mean? That was the first working PC ever built (the previous version was a calculator). lol. He must of bought it in '83.
Pretty sure it was 8086, but I could certainly be wrong on that, in fact you're probably right. He said it was the first personal pc. Ya, '83 sounds right, since I was 5 when he bought it. It has this noisy ass dot matrix printer too. I used to play Zork, the text only version on it. And a four color version of Kings Quest 1. It would take like 30 seconds to load a screen on that one. *sigh* good times.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom