slow scsi drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
I just put an ultra 160 card on here. got a 15krpm drive, brand new. i figure it would be fast as heck. i benchmark it, and its slower than my 7200rpm drive, ide shows around a 40mb transfer rate,a nd my scsi shows around 28. any ideas? i dont the basic, fast writes, cache, all the settings on the drive in device manager. Is there something i am missing?

Thanks

Yeah i think so, i couldent tell you. I was planing on getting one but i decide to go dual 10krpm hdd. Maybe you have your priority settings a little jacket up. Or maybe with the SCSI Adaptor software you can select rpm speeds.

I thought now you need a Ultra 320 SCSI Adaptor to run SCSI. Maybe the 160 is the problem.

naw, they are backwards compatible. having a single drive, it wont matter if you have ultra 160 or 320. you only get a benifit if you are running raid so you can get more bandwidth. In order to use ultra 320, you have to have a 64 bit pci slot.ultra 320 would only be needed if you are running like 4 or more drives on a channel.Not sure how much feedback i will get in here because most ppl dont run scsi. my scsi card is the adapted 29160N, my drive is the fujitsu 36gb 15krpm 68pin MAS3367NP.

You know I wish I could give you some input here being one of the few who have SCSI, but man I am clueless, maybe you should invest in another adapter, thatd be my guess :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom