Slow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADAMSI7

Beta member
My computer was having tourble with games such as WoW and freezing and stuttering and it's gradually got worse and now the computer is going slowly on normal windows functions and takes ages to logon. I've scanned for viruses and spyware and reinstalled my graphics hardware but am unsure why it is having problems and my computer was build a few weeks ago with playing WoW in mind so it can handle it. Any help would be appreciated as im very confused

I did a format of the hard drive when I assembled the pc a few weeks ago and did a clean install of windows. I have a very few programs on the hard drive so I'm pretty sure there isn't a problem there.

List out your full specs, and you might want to run a hijackthis and post a log. Alot of times that will tell if there is something wrong on the software side. Gotta be more specific on the details if we are to try to pin down whats not working properly.

K8T Neo2 v2.0 MSI
Sapphire X1650 pro 256mb
512 x2 ram
3700+ san diego 2.2ghz 1mb cache
80gb hard drive
windows xp

I take it nothing is overheating? do you have any overclock?

That PC should kick the crap out of WoW, I know mine does.

No nothing is overheating and I haven't oc'd. I did a Defrag last night and when I turned it on this morning it took a while to load and after installing the latest Directx version from Microsoft and Restarting - It still couldn't load up wow, I keep hearing the pc beeping then the game freezes for a few seconds then see characters on the loading screen breath again then another beep and another freeze. I Alt F4'd the program and I caught a glimpse of the Task Bar that had a yellow question mark on it. Before it dissappeared it said corrupt file. The system temperature is 39c and the cpu is 29c. Is this purely a software and installation hash up or could there be hardware problems related? As I'd rather not format my hard drive to find this happening all over again. As well of the hassle of downloading a tonne of stuff incl patches and the long installation times. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom