Slow PC Problems with Quad Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigsnedeker

Solid State Member
I recently got a AMD quad-core processor, and I'm not noticing very many changes. Before I had an AMD dual core. I also have 4GB of ram.

One thing I need help with is game-recording, a friend has 2GB of ram and a dual core, and can record HD gaming videos without any lag, and when I try (even closing out of all my programs and apps, and using GameBooster) I get lag. Even in non-HD recording.

Any ideas why?

Thanks guys :)

Okay, Welcome to the forum Techman....

Craig you systems better equiped to run HD than Techmans, so I'd start looking into drivers.
Have you checked your temperatures? Use hardwaremonitor, CPUID , to check them. You could be getting warmer than happy.

You won't notice huge differences in general with a quad vs. dual until you start working it hard.

Check it out (CPUID)

717738.png

I'll look into drivers, but I thought I should add:

Ever since my last PC cleaning (dusting it out etc) my PC's been acting strange, spell check hardly ever works, and when I click images and stuff in web site editors, instead of getting an popup with editing options (webs.com), the image duplicates until I click off of it. Maybe I sprayed some gas from my 3M Dust Remover into the CPU area?

This all happened BEFORE my new quad-core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom