Slow Motion Problem PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes if you have a different CPU to try iwould test it out and see if the problems stay. I mean if you are having issues with your cpu at its regular speed and underclocking helps some issues this is very possibly your problem. Things like Electrostaticdischarge could have caused the cpu to degrade over time.

but i have had it working before. I cant really test with another CPU. Theres got to be some other cause

I am afraid that it is sonding more and more like your cpu. You might be able to find a cheap one on ebay to try out.

More info:

Whenever I reset and go straight into the game it runs at full speed.

It is only after I have done other things that it goes slow.

Then you got a bottle neck somewhere. Your computer is not able to do what it is suposed to do. Yes you had running good before, but still had to underclock your cpu to do it. it seems you got a faulty cpu from the getgo. Or you could try underclocking your vid card as well, as your cpu. That might solve some of your problems, but is just putting a bandaid on not fixxing, sorry. Good luck.

I found that if I close MSN Messenger, Counter-Strike would run at full speed so I have simply been doing this every time.

Why would MSN cause it to run slow?
But I have just installed Need For Speed Underground and it is running in slow motion even with MSN closed :( I raced my friend online and I would be travelling and he would see me go like 3 steps forward 2 steps back (I go where I should be and then I end up where I actually am because I am going so slow)

Playing CounterStrike and Battlefield Vietnam on an XP machine requires at least 384mb ram. Preferably 512+.

I've tried these games on XP pro machines running 1.7cpu (XP uses a lot of that) and 512mb ram and STILL they lag.

I suspect that XP's normal running processes AND any programs you have running in the background are using up your CPU resources. 1.7 is pretty slack for these games.

Try closing progs you don't need running and let us know how you go.

Cheers
kiri

Why kind of internet connection do u have? Get atleast another stick of 512 ram. 256 is barely enough for word processing! Just kidding.

I am pretty sure its not some sort of lag like that.

Kiri I don't know where you got that info from but 256 Ram (And mine is DDR) is definitley enough for CS, I have played CS for 3 years now. I use to run CS on a Celeron 800, 56k modem, TNT2, 256 SDRAM fine!

I have 256k DSL its got NOTHING to do with net connection as it happenes in single player.

256k DSL is preeeetty damn slow. Ultimately, although you say its not, I would say that contributes. I have a 3megabit cable line and I still experience lag on some servers although thats usually just cause the server is far away. When was the last time you formatted your computer? Scrubbed it clean, or if you don't want to format, how about a defrag. If its not your internet line, then its the simple fact that somewhere something is getting bottlenecked. start up your computer and go into the task manager and see how much percentage of your CPU is being used etc... get a program like Tweak UI that'll let you free up some memory before opening a program like a game. That's about all I can think of really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom