slow computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame369

Baseband Member
i have alot of problems with my computer, firstly games run ok but not as good as i would want them to. could this be because my powersupply does not meet the requirements of my gfx card? (wott are the effects of underpowering?) also my ram is 512 and im wondering if i need to upgrade? also im full of spyware which im in the process of gettin rid of ...does spyware slow your com down alot? and could this be one of the problems. my specs are ...

geforce fx 5900
2.4 ghz p4
512 ddr ram
350w powersupply

well i mean it depends on your games. if u are playing new games then the ram might need to be upgraded and stuff. also just for safety, i would get at least 420watts of a good brand psu. like antec. then get rid of the spyware because spyware screws up the whole pc.

damn i better watch myslef, my posts are almost becoming as long as nubious's.:p

Your computers specs are beyond "good" at the moment. Your PowerSupply is fine. The only thing that could be slowing down your computer is a possible virus, and defintely Spyware. Get Spyboy Search and Destroy, or Ad-Aware (what I use) and remove the spyware. Make sure your antivirus software is upto date and that you update your Spyware cleaners EVERY time you do a scan.

Spyware can absolutely KILL the performance of a PC.. Get spyware out and you will probably notice a marked improvement..

yes spyware and adware run as background processes.. and if its one thing i know about xp is taht it eats up enuff ram as it is and a few processes runnign in the background that u dont need can just kill ur performance.. just use spybot search & destroy and adaware (use em both just to be sure) n scan a full scan of everything for viruses n what not and ull see a big performanec increase.. also itd also help if you went an defragemented ur system after u ran all the scans.. defragmenting helps a lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom