Slow burner write speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Total Immortal

In Runtime
My burner has the option to burn at 40x speed max, but it never gets above about 27x, and usually hangs around in the low teens. I've heard about guys getting their DVD burners to burn at their max rated speed (8X for example) and I was wondering if there's a way I can get my CD-R to burn CD's at 40X?
I don't think it's an issue with my computer specs. It's an AMD XP 2200+ with 1 gig of ram, 80gig HD, and I am on a fresh format. Is this possible?

Its because they cant right that fast. Theoretically they can but they dont in actual play. my 32x burner runs at about 8x when burning. Sheerly because if it burned that fast the data would probably be trashed. They just cant write that fast

It's the cd-r's you are using most likely. First of all, why would they make burners burn faster if you can't even use them to their extent of burning, XT. It's pointless and company's just don't do that; they would be in trouble because of the fact that they are lying about their speed in burning. I can understand if your cd-r needs to burn below a single speed of it's fastest capability, but running a few speeds down shouldn't happen at all, unless your cd-r's can't burn that fast. XT, your data wouldn't be trashed at all, and of course they can write that fast...

mouspad. can u show me a picture of a burner in which runs at 32x? a screenshot because that would be insain never seen that on all the comps iv used/built

I guess its got to be the cd's then. But why would companys release cd's that cant go all the way to par with the burners? Or at least make them standard because i haven't come across one that records at 32x. if they made em standard that would be good for guys like me who dont get out of the house to often lol he he

Yea, I've got that Plextor CD-R, except mine's a 40x.

What type of CD's are able to burn at that speed? I've got some Memorex, and TDK's. I think the TDK's were the ones that I was getting mid 20x's at, but I can't remember.

I have a 52x32x52 Memorex Burner and the most I have ever hit was about 40-45x (Running a nero speed tester)

IN the Nero toolkit ..u can find a utility to check the speed of the media ur trying to use ... Use that utility ..to determine the best speed to write on that particular media ...

Not all media can burn at the speed they claim to burn at ...
So don't worry 'bout it ..it's not ur drive's problem ..it's probably just slower media

There is another factor that no one has talked about yet and that is your CD burning software. I have two pieces of CD burning software that burn at different rates. One of them won't burn any faster than 24X when set at "max speed". The other one burns CD's at 40X and above depending on the brand of CDR.

XT, when you buy blank CDR's, take a close look at the case. Usually it will say on the side what the max rated speed is. Also the fastest CD burners are rated at 52X right now.

-Target

-Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom