slight upgrade on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenyarEel

Solid State Member
I've been thinking about upgrading my motherboard and/or video card. Now i currently have a 1800+ AMD XP, with GeForce 440 MX, so its good for doing regular shit. But thinking about getting back into gaming. So i was thinking of not getting the top-notch stuff, but some cheaper stuff that will give me a significant upgrade.

I'm wondering about what brand of motherboard and video card to get. My range for a getting processor is something around close to 3000+ for an AMD. And i'm not trying to break the bank, my thinking is the get stuff that used to be good, but is much cheaper now.

Thanx

As for a video card, I say get an nVidia 6600GT. I have one, and I can tell you, you won't be dissapointed.

For something that wont break the band

eVGA 6600GT PCI-E
AMD 3000+ Venice (You can OC this like crazy)
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D (You can use the SLI mod, and also OC this crazy)
Cheap value ram, PC3200 DDR400 (Won't OC like crazy, but you can lower the divider and OC your CPU)

That's basicly it, your current HD will be fine if it's over 40 gig

Well how much is your desired price range?

You wont be able to play many games, CSS with minimal settings you will be able to

well, for the mobo somewhere under $100(more like $70, hopefully you still get good quality on it)

The video card, maybe the same, not sure, depends on the amount of performance i guess

The processor, don't know to be honest...

I'm thinking of maybe doing it parts, which makes me think, do the mobo first, and possibly still use my CPU i got. But then i'm also thinking about the video card(in terms of i got an AGP now, and PCI express is on some mobos)

You need a new mobo, processor the most I would say. Second comes video card and you probolly need new ram. PC2100 will be waay too slow

My second system (for people to game on when they come over) runs css at acceptable fps. athlon mp 1800, 512mb ram, fx5200 =D

Get a k8ns-ultra, 1 6600 agp (they're way cheaper), 2 x 512mb of 100$/stick ddr400 (Dual channel gives you roughly 4800-5800mb/s depending on fsb) and an amd64 3200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom