slight lag in games on newly built pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
i got a couple of games for xmas (half life 2 and medal of honour Pacific assult.) - along with this pc that i built a couple of weeks before.

anyway, i don't have any lag with half life 2 but i have a couple of settings on medium, how could i get it onto the highest settings with no lag? (the resolution i have is 1280 X 1024 the (highest my monitor will go))

on medal of honour i have to have the settings on medium and the resolution 1024 X 768 and i get a slight lag when moving the mouse fast (not alot going on at the same time) and in a ingame movie thing or when there is quite alot going on i get really bad lag (unplayable really)

would getting more ram (so i have 1024mb dual channel) enable me to have the games on higher settings with no lag? Would i ever need to have more than that amount of ram (1.5gb) to play games in the near future as i would have used up all the slots for ram due to using dual channel, can i use different amounts of dual channel ram modules (2x256 and 2x 512) as long as they are the same ram as before.

What else could i do to get my games better looking and smoother (considering im on a tight budget because i just brought this pc) would doing some overclocking help, or unlocking the extra 4 pipelines on my 6800 and overclock that to gt/ultra speeds?

Thanks.

im running the 6800 in my home PC and it runs those games pretty smooth on high settings.What about MB chipset updates

Updated my mb drivers, that seems to have made things a bit smoother, ill try uping the detail settings later and see what happens. Another question: would downloading an AMD 64 driver do anything useful???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom