Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
so im thinkin of upgrading from my:
Prescott 3.2
asus p4p-e deluxe
6600GT AGP

to an sli setup conatining
amd 3200+ 64 (dam it why cant Pentiums run SLI! )
nforce4 ultra
and 2 6600GT Extreme editions.

this is only a thought, but ive got ppl that will buy all my old stuff and my friend will get me mad discounts on all the new parts..
just some Q's.. if ne1 else has an SLI setup, can they explain ne troubles they had setting it up coz ive heard from people that its a bum to install but kickass performance..

If i decide against this then im going to sell my 6600gt n buy either a 6800 ULTRA or the V9999 ULTRA ( i can get off my friend for bout 900 AU )

also if theres ne opinions on which i should do... hehe
:D :D

I had no problem what so ever setting my SLI up on my to BFG 6800GTs. The only question I have is from looking at most of the bench marks it looks like a single 6800GT beats 6600GTs in alot of the test.

One important thing to note, nVidia has to actually configure drivers to work with specific games in SLI, and only these specific games will work in SLI. If you don't have the drivers, or are trying to play a game that is not SLI configured, it will not work.

I guess it depends what you can sell your equipment for and what the new will costs, because it seems like kind of a wierd upgrade to me. Your current specs are pretty good and I am sure they do everything you really need. If it was me I would wait until you are really getting something new, like dual core and next generation GPU.

Actually you can configure your games yourself if Nvida does not support them yet in the drivers.

ahh so what im gettin is SLi is a biotch but worth it....
maybe ill just get the 6800gt.... the only reason im upgrading is just coz the 6600gt isnt as good as i expected, dont get me wrong its the best card out of all my friends but i play games like Warcraft @ 1280x1024 and it starts jerking in bits, and even in halo its a lil bumpy @ times... i duno if its driver issues or what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom