Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RHSH

• H

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole SLI stuff is really for these guys with too much money to burn. Granted, if they ignore SLI completely and "concentrate" on the single card/single GPU solution, they might make it a "little" bit better. I am also surprised as to why they are not going via the dual/multi GPU path very strongly. That would be definitely be pretty nice since it's more integreated than SLI.

I guess it's just easier for them to slap 2 cards together, write some load balancing crap to distribute the work, and viola, u got "almost" 2 times the performance.. Wonder if these guys will try 3 card computers... Assuming the mobo manufacturers also go for that... :eek:..

I have a funny feeling we'll start seing SLI dual GPU solution within 2-3 years.... :-\..

i am a little pissed at them that they didnt include PS 3.0 with the X800/X850 series. Ive got an X850 XT with no PS 3.0. However, im not so depressed about it that im gonna get rid of it. PS 3.0 looks nice, but high rez with all details on maximum and 8AA and 16AF looks nice with or without PS 3.0.

So yes, im disappointed, but i also am keeping in mind that it is still an uber card besides the shaders.

I don't understand why "nubius" hates SLI so much. He takes it so personal. The potential to run two video cards to increase overall performance is a good thing. If you can afford it.

It isnt really anything special.. Monster came out with a similiar version of it for their monster 3d cards way back in 1992 or something. Plus, it isnt a *huge* preformance boost like one would expect.

I don't understand why "nubius" hates SLI so much. He takes it so personal. The potential to run two video cards to increase overall performance is a good thing. If you can afford it.
lol jeez, whats with people and assuming they know my 'emotional state', I can't say I hate something around here without someone saying I'm either UPSET or taking it personal..

SLI is just a waste of money. Yes it gives you a performance boost, BUT, it costs so damn much, it's been buggy for quite some time although I hear 71.89 was supposed to smoothe it out. Sometimes you get 1 card that's DOA muchless dealing with two, the games have to be coded to support SLI, and I'd personally rather see either a single card solution or a dual GPU (which is still single card) solution.

I think they could make a much more badass card if they'd focus on doing what I just said instead of making these damn SLI boards, and then ATI had to go and follow them .....BAH I say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom