slave HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rythemposition

Baseband Member
i put in a 40 gig HD as slave on my computer.. my computer booted up and when i was in windows the alerts popped up that it detected it and stuff.. I went to access it in my computer but when i double click on it, it says the location is unavailable (F:) I went to properties and it says the device is working properly, yet the graphic says it has no space on it. Can anyone help?

Is your other drive set as primary or stand-alone? Does the BIOS recognize the second drive correctly? Is the drive formatted?

im pretty sure the other drive is set as master... primary i think.. yea and its formatted.. it recognizes it because it even has the name of the drive on my computer as the device..

From the symptoms you are having, it sounds like the drive hasn't been partitioned, but if you're sure its formatted, then it must be.

What OS are you running?

win xp.. another thing.. in the device manager it says the drive is G: but it doesnt show up in My Computer.
*Edit*

My friend gave me this drive and he said it was formatted. i didnt format it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom