SiS 530 upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murxidon

Beta member
I have a rather crap PC and i'm wondering if I could upgrade my crap SiS 530 video card thing with a SAPPHIRE RADEON 9200SE
128MB DDR GRAPHICS CARD (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/st...355&category_oid=-9928&fm=4&sm=5&tm=undefined)
complicated, I have a crap system so I expect a "no".... my specs are:

119mb RAM
400MHZ
Windows ME
Intel Pentium II
SiS 530 video card thing
and thats all I can find...

oh, and if I can... how would I go about installing it? what would I need? how would I find it? do I have to take the SiS 530 thing out? what exactly can this graphics card do? what games could expect to play? (if any) etc. etc.

Help MUCH appreciated!

You should be able to install that card as long as your motherboard has an AGP slot. To get us more info, go to www.cpuid.com and get PC Wizard. Tell us what PC Wizard tells you about your motherboard.

The only thing you need is a philips head screwdriver, and you SHOULD have an antistatic wrist strap.

Dont expect to play anything fancy for games. Games like Starcraft, Warcraft II and Duke Nukem 3D should run quite well.

ooooh.... ok, damn, I'd better not bother then with the new graphics card (Warcraft II runs perfectly anyway), owell, thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom