siren beeps from mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

grackers

Beta member
I just bought an Asus A7n266 mobo (CPU is amd 2400) and at power up, all that happens is a siren-like set of beeps (they don't stop). I've checked jumpers, tried a different CPU fan and RAM, unplugged all devices and still have the problem.

Of course, Asus' information doesn't refer to this type of beep pattern...

Suggestions?

Make sure your memory is seated currectly. Also, if using more then one stick, take all but one out. Then try to boot. Asus boards are finicky about memory. I have an Asus A7N8x Deluxe and it was a battle to get all my memory to work at the optimal settings.

Just remember, what doesn't kill you lets you live that much longer (something like that :) )

I had an initial boot-up problem when I had bought the Asus A7V333 that turned out to be a bad stick of Pony Ram. I now picked up the A7N8X-D and went to swap the A7V333 into my girlfriends PC, left the damn cpu cooler fan unplugged! Now I'm getting constant "Cpu system failed" from the voice post that I enabled in the bios. Purchased a new AMD XP2400 and I'm getting the same error message. Lostman's right on these Asus boards can be very finicky. I'm just wondering if your constant beeping could be a CPU problem because the POST voice with my error message doesn't stop. I eventually turned off the speakers!! Good Luck:cool:

kboy said:
I had an initial boot-up problem when I had bought the Asus A7V333 that turned out to be a bad stick of Pony Ram. I now picked up the A7N8X-D and went to swap the A7V333 into my girlfriends PC, left the damn cpu cooler fan unplugged! Now I'm getting constant "Cpu system failed" from the voice post that I enabled in the bios. Purchased a new AMD XP2400 and I'm getting the same error message. Lostman's right on these Asus boards can be very finicky. I'm just wondering if your constant beeping could be a CPU problem because the POST voice with my error message doesn't stop. I eventually turned off the speakers!! Good Luck:cool:

Jump in your bios and put all your settings on the lowest you can. Underclock your CPU. See what happens then. It took a good 3 hours to get my board to work right. But I asked for trouble due to the memory I'm using. These boards don't like many brands of DDR400.

Lostman I can't get to the bios. I'm just dead in the water with my fans spinning. The sucker won't boot. I may have to try the MOBO, I mean what else could it be. 2 bad cpus, Doubtful. I also read somewhere that the DDR400 Ram wasn't quite ready yet. Still could be a little Buggy.:confused:

Hmmm. The plus is you know it's not your power supply.
You are trying DDR 400 on this board? What brand? Does that board support DDR400? That's not the issue though, if it was you would at least get the memory beeps.

Have you tried your cpu on another board? Are your board lights lighting up when the fans kick on?

about the ram, no way, its totally ready, they already have pc4000 which is @ 500MHz and pc4200 which is a little over 500MHz

ps have you tried resetting the cmos with the jumper? it should tell you how in your mobo manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom