Sims 2 Sorta works :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisman88990

In Runtime
Well... i got bored today, and i carefully opened up the box. And installed it just to see if it was going to work. lol yes i know i just could not wait till christmas. But anyways it started up and ran. But it took FOREVER. And it lags way to much to be played. so i uninstalled it, and put everything back in the box and put wrapping paper on it. lol... what is a good graphics card for PC133 with AGP 2.0 at 4x, that can play this game. THis is my system right now--->

AMD Athlon 950Mhz with performance enhancing cache memory.
192MB of RAM
16MB Nvidia TNT-2 with vanta graphics accelerator
and 20GB HD

yes i know my graphics card is like STONE AGE, buttt, what would be a good one that i could put in to play this game. For no more than lets say 120 bucks...

well, i would suggest for someone low of cash like most people are this time of year, to play that game, prolly a Fx5200, they are cheap but they do the job. Now, keep in mind your not going to be able to play HL2 or Doom3 on that card, but you will be able to play Sims 2. Also, grab a stick of 256 memory for your computer, i'm sure it'll be like night and day with more than double memory. That shouldn't cost too much at all.

But now, if you get some money for xmas, I would say this, save up for a new comp, or get one single 512 stick of memory just to replace the current memory and get a Fx5700 or better or a ATi 9600 or better.

Good luck and happy holidays!

aiight man, yeah i think im getting some money for xmas, so ill use that and get a new card and get like 256MB of ram for now and see how it works. :)

It's not just your GPU bud you are way overdue for an upgrade. I know money is an issue but if I were you I would just save up and buy a new PC. I have even seen Sims 2 lag on P4 2.0 with 512 RAM and 9550 Pro.

yeah i know im due for a serious upgrade but i just dont have that money. SO if i did get 256MB of ram and like a 9600SE video card, its still going to lag ? What if i got 512MB stick of ram wich would be a total of 704MB of ram on my computer, and that video card? would that take the load off* my proccecer more if i got that much ram ? i just kinda need a clear answer if this is going to work or not???? All i wanna do is play this game lol

The upgrades you have mentioned would help, but one of the factors that will hold it back is the cpu, it is slow and will need to be upgraded with much of the other components in your pc.

yeah, but im not looking for like the best perforamce out of the game. I just want to be able to play it, And not have so much lag it is not playable. With a T&L supported card like the 9600SE, and the system requirments to play that game witha T&L card are 600Mhz. So if i had a T&L card, with a 950 Mhz processer, seems like it wouild play. But i dunno..

Min system requirments -->

http://thesims2station.tripod.com/id2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom