Simple Game HW Ques? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2010, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Angry Simple Game HW Ques?

Ok so i got two computers.. Laptop and Desktop.. They're old but get the Job done....Most of the Time

This is about HomeWorld 2..... i kno..

Now on both system the game will start up but then once i click Single player... instead of showing the loading screen it freezes... They both Meet and PASSS by alot the Recommend Sys Req...

AMD Athlon 1.4 ...Just MMX and Enhanced 3DNow
1G Ram
Ati Radeon 9550 256MB Pixel Shader 2.0

Intel Celeron 2.8 MMX SSE2
2G Ram
ATi Radeon Mobility 9000/9100 IGP 128MB Pixel Shader 1.4

(Quick Note... When i had Ubuntu on the Desktop I ran the Game in Wine and it loaded but the color was off and just horrible...)

Now the thing is that my sister has two laptops... Both with AMD Processors.. Clocked at around 2Ghz...

AMD Sempron SSE3
Ati Xpress 200 128MBGraphics with Pixel Shader 2.0
1G ram

While the Other Has a NVIDIA Graphics Pixel Shader 1.4 32MB
AMD Athlon XP SSE2
1G ram

And her Laptops run the Game just fine...

All with Windows XP Pro ... With Windows 7 the Game doesnt even bother starting up...
I cant seem to figure out what Her Computers got that Make it work...

I thought its E-3DNow my laptop doesnt have it so it crashes... But then My Desktop has that aswell but it freezes... So then i thought its Pixel Shader 2... But then Her one laptop doesnt have P.S.2 and it runs it...

My last thought... Is it a Combination of 3DNow and SSE... My Desktop lacks SSE and my Laptop lacks 3D now.. While both her laptops have
3DNow and SSE.
Closed Thread