Silence!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnyder100

In Runtime
Hey, my computer is kick ass except for one thing....... it doesnt beep. Thats right i t doenst beep or make anything from within the case I have p4p800se (love it) and for whatever it does not beep whil posting or make another utterance from within the case like when u press shift 5 times and all that. So i was wondering if anyone new the speaker location if their is one (i think mine never came withone) and where i could buy an internal speaker for my comp. Thanks for any help! <And YES i am newbie!> :D

You WANT the beep?

Okay, besides pointing out an obessive oddness, I would suggest you either look at your mobo for a set of internal speaker pins, an onboard speaker tower, or that you just say "beep" each time you reboot.

[If you're going for the last suggestion, look in the back of your mobo manual for the proper way to beep under the "Beep Codes" section.]

make sure you have the jumpers set properly on your mobo, like Shoobie said, look in your mobo manual for the proper way to set them up. They are the long (most likely color coded) pins on one of the sides on your mobo. The jumper that says SPEAKER is probably not on the right set of pins.

the motherboard itself doesn't have the beeper or "speaker", the case does.
you will need to plug the beeper into the motherboard. check the manual to see which pins are for it

It's so people like me who dont like beeping isht dont have to have it.

<-- No speaker for me

If you don't want the little onboard speaker to beep, DJ, just put a dab of hotglue in the little hole and it'll beep no more.

ShoobieRat said:
If you don't want the little onboard speaker to beep, DJ, just put a dab of hotglue in the little hole and it'll beep no more.

Completly taking it out was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom