shuttles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnev_89

Daemon Poster
how good are shuttles compared to towers? like is the cooling as good, and are the included mobo's as good? mainly i'm looking at the SN95G5 and maybe the SB81P if i decide to get a pentium. are they as oc-able as a tower? also, the psu seems kinda weak compared with a "regular" one. should i be concerned about it?

shuttle's pretty much cram their parts into a small case, so it's not going to be very powerful and cooling is not great.

a tower would be much better than a shuttle for cooling because more fans can fit in and around it, and there is much more space inside for airflow. you can also put more into a tower, they can usually fit 5-6 PCI cards and an AGP card, at least 2 slots for RAM, hold at least 3x3.5" drives and 3x5.5" drives

the shuttles don't have as many slots and ports and ROM drive slots. BTW, if you think you can overclock an Intel, you are misleaded. If you wanna overclock, go with AMD ;)

Go with a desktop. If your going to build a shuttle by yourself your going to have a lot of trouble putting it together. (VERY TIGHT) Unless you know what you're doing, the wiring will strangle the airflow and it will be very hot. Most shuttle mobos don't have 5-6 pci slots. Most have about 2 with an agp. The psu's on shuttles are usually 250 watts which really can't handle too much stuff. If you were to get a nice 450-500 watt psu in the shuttle size it would set you back about $150.

i don't really *need* a shuttle, but i figured that i'd be able to travel with them a bit since they're so small. if performance suffers that much because of limited cooling, i guess i may as well get a tower.

is the antec super lanboy a good case?

no wrong, if you get a Pentium M on the new Socekt 479 479 not 478 board then you will have a system more powerful than anything even the FX-55, the new review shows that a Pentium M oced to 2.3 GHz on the DFI board outdid the FX-55 for more than $450 less, of course the FX-55 was on stock, but the DFI board fully unlocks the multiplier of the Pentium M so the ocing isn't a problem

Erm.... Megadeth2, did you read the question? Or did you just decide to start spouting irrelevant and incorrect crap?

Shuttles were designed for people that think that smaller is better. Just another sales scheme to get your cizash. I trust you'll go with a tower :)

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom