Should I RMA this Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCZ bh5 gold is good stuff too, around 125-130 at newegg. Nice timings too:) 2-2-2-5. So when you do overclock, even though your timings will loosen up, you wont notice as much.

yeah but if it's actual BH-5's and you give it enough voltage (which he can do because he's got NF4 Ultra-D) then you can keep those 2-2-2-5 timings all the way up to like 270MHz...assuming you're giving em 3.5-3.7v lol

thats alot of heat=so unless this guy has sweet cooling, and if his motherboard can deliver this voltage, not gonna happen.

Oh my mobo could deliver the voltage. My cooling consists of 3x120mm fans (2 case, 1 psu) and an ARCTIC COOLING Silencer64UltraTC cpu HSF. I don't really feel like trying to rig up a fan to blow on the ram considering I just built this pc... I actually want to USE it some more first lol. Plus I'm pretty sure someone said the Golds had some issues with their DFI NF4 Ultra board.

BH-5s are basically built for the dfi lanparty boards and most manufacturers specify that as well as needing active cooling for them which is as simply as a fan blowing over it

thats alot of heat=so unless this guy has sweet cooling, and if his motherboard can deliver this voltage, not gonna happen.
I already mentioned his board was the NF4 Ultra-D board dude which is capable of 4v.....not only that, all it takes is 1 80mm fan blowing over the RAM to effectively cool it...so yes it very well COULD happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom