Should I buy a TV monitor or a Computer monitor?

klford

Beta member
I've been holding off on buying a TV for quite some time now. I plan on using the TV strictly to play my PS3 and watch Blu-Rays. The last TV I was considering getting was a "Panasonic - 50" Class (49-9/10" Diag.) - Plasma - 1080p - 600Hz - HDTV". But it's currently 600 bucks, and I was trying to spend something more closer to 300.

Then something occurred to me, aren't TV's best viewed from afar? I plan on not being more than 3-4 feet away or so from the screen while viewing a movie or playing a game.

So then I was looking at computer monitors... size doesn't really matter to me, I just want something reasonably priced and of a high quality (color, resolution, frame rate, etc).

Any advice? Would a computer monitor serve my purposes better than a TV monitor?

will you be sitting infront of the screen like a normal pc or play a few feet away like its a tv(like what I do)

will you be sitting infront of the screen like a normal pc or play a few feet away like its a tv(like what I do)

I'll probably be about 3 feet away, which is where my desktop is at right now. I just want to know if the colors/frame rate things like that are actually nicer on a computer monitor than on a tv monitor. That would sway me. And thanks for the response!

TV or a PC Monitor?, there are a few drawbacks with using a TV though, they tend to have quite high input lag/response time which may not be a problem for you if you don't play competitively, I also find that reading text is more difficult on a TV as it isn't as sharp.

A good gaming monitor will have low response time ranging 2-5ms response
fyi, lower ms means better...

still...the question is what matters in you.

-Hiro

Back
Top Bottom