should i buy this mobo and gpu? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 03:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

ok heres my big nubbish questions :P

witha new cpu and mobo will i have to reformat and reinstall everything on my exsiting hd?

and secondly for a new pcie card what size psu will i need im guessing my old 250watter isnt gunna cut it but if it squeaks by ill keep it

Old 05-30-2005, 04:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

are you serious? the MSI Neo series are built for overclocking.

you're right, 250W is nowhere near enough power. get a 480W Thermaltake or Antec and you'll be set

Old 05-30-2005, 07:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocer 939
ok heres my big nubbish questions :P

witha new cpu and mobo will i have to reformat and reinstall everything on my exsiting hd?

and secondly for a new pcie card what size psu will i need im guessing my old 250watter isnt gunna cut it but if it squeaks by ill keep it
This is the CPU you want, it's an extra 4$ for the newest core, and it supports SSE3 and overclocks much better than whinchesters.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103537

Also their's too much bull**** floating around in this thread. DFI started to get better known in their Nforce3 days, but their Nforce2 boards are also some of the best. Just happens that the Abit NF7 was better.

A 6600GT is a wise descision for your current computer, or even a new one.

To get some money back on this, it is worth it to buy a new computer, and sell your old one as to the average person it's still worth quite a bit of money.

For the motherboard their's really only one way to go, DFI. This motherboard I am linking to is a refurb, but usually the refurbs are more safe to use since their testing. However they come OEM.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2E16813136152R

Or if you want the non OEM, + it comes with cool stuff guartneed, you may want to email newegg about the other one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813136152
Old 05-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie

ok i have my exsisting hdd can i jjust hook it up and go or do i need to reinstall everything on my hdd? like xp
Old 05-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

you gotta reinstall everything

it's a brand new motherboard...of course you have to

but i don't know if you'll lose your old files though

Quote:
I don\'t play for fun, I play to win and winning is fun.
Old 05-30-2005, 03:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Quote:
Originally posted by diabloII
you gotta reinstall everything

it's a brand new motherboard...of course you have to

but i don't know if you'll lose your old files though
In a proper format, yes.

That's why you backup your crap
Old 05-30-2005, 07:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Master Techie

Senseless, this has NOT been the first time you have bashed extremely great brands.. Senseless you have no clue what your talking about... Absolutely no clue. DFI and MSI alone, make tremendous boards. They are the most reliable, these boards have all the lastest features available. But besides that, they are built for OC usage. Which makes them even more reliable. What do you think a Gigabyte board will do once you start running large amounts of voltage ... simply give out. These boards have high voltage options, and perform amazing while lasting with increased voltage. DFI and MSI reliability and performance potential simply proliferate's. Again, who sells the most boards among them....sure in the hell not Gigabyte.. Most gaming company's dont even equip their product with Gigabyte lol.

Diablo, why would you say MSI arent good for OC..? As of rite now, MSI carry the BEST AGP OC board on the market. Which is the MSI Neo2 Platinum. You simply could not find a better AGP OC board. I know the MSI Neo4 Platinum is one of the best PCI Express OC boards. At this moment, DFI and MSI have been unleasing the best boards available. For AGP i suggest the MSI Neo2 Platinum, for PCI Express i suggest the MSI Neo4 Platinum.