Should I buy this computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh noob

Solid State Member
I'm looking into buying/building my first gaming computer. The problem is, I know nothing. Would this be a good computer to get:

Intel Pentium4 2.4 GHz FSB533 Processor Socket 478

SamSung 512 MB 800 MHz Rambus RAM Memory

Asus P4T533-C MB Socket 478 w/Audio & Lan

Asus Geforce 9250 128MB AGP Video Card

WDC 80GB IDE Hard Drive

Toshiba DVD-ROM IDE Drive

P4 Mid-ATX w/300W Power Supply Case

1.44 MB Floppy Drive

Keyboard

Mouse

Altec Lansing speakers

56K modem

17" Dell Flat Screen .25 dot monitor

Install windows XP & windows XP office

Total: 580 dollars (most likely negotiable)

I would put it all in a new and much better looking case, and slap a new hard drive in there. I don't know anything about that video card or anything about motherboards in general. I know its a Pentium and not an AMD, but would it still run okay if its at 2.4 GHz?

That would get outdated very fast, it already is kind of.

Go with AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 939 Venice, and find a nice socket 939 motherboard. The 9250 will get you no where with today's games, at least get a 9600 if your tight on cash. The 6600GT and the vanilla 6800 are great mid-range options to consider.

Well here's the thing. I'm actually going to try to build a computer, but since I know absolutely nothing about it, I'm so tempted to get one of these better computers and update it with a hd, ram, video card. Mostly because I would have no idea how to buy and install cpu's and motherboards. What should I do???

You can build it yourself, but it will take some research and time....If you are patient you can do it yourself no problem, and it will save you alot of money. Everything comes with instructions too. Just give us a budget. Do not buy that system you have listed. Where were you looking at systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom