Short lockups during games / overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, you cannot cool something any cooler than the air that is blowing onto it.

isnt there an option to change how often speedfan updates the temp reading? maybe the temp rocketed, but just wasnt shown? it seems hard to believe that the temp never moved with the cpu fan off, regardless of case fans.

Use Rivatuner to monitor the GPU temp. It creates a temp graph, so after you have ran 3Dmark or played a game for a while to heat it up, you can go back over the graph to get your true load temp.

speedfan can do that. if speedfan possibly has a wrong temp, so will rivatuner.

Yeah -- I used RivaTuner as well. The graph showed a sustained GPU temperature of around 70C while playing far cry (for about 10 minutes).

It's time to move to Alaska or possibly antarctica. You're lack of AC in the San Fran heat is kicking your PC's ass.

If you search on google you'll find tons of articles about large LAN PARTIES where there was no AC available and tons of people have issues with overheating. It's a sad part of gaming PC's. The more power they have, the most heat they dissipate.

If you can't have AC in your house, may-be you should consider liquid cooling for your PC.

Or a move up north might help... lol j/k

heheheheeh. yeah .. liquid cooling is quickly climbing the charts of how to solve my issues. I just didn't want to spend the $400 for it.. :(

Or a move up north might help... lol j/k
Shoot just move into the City. I am guessing if its 85, your East Bay, am I right :p Shoot the City rarely gets over 70F :D

Santa Clara. Not really East bay, but it still gets hotter than the peninsula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom