ShoobieRat, how's the new rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I came across a thread the other day where you mentioned you were building the new system. Have you finished it? How did it come out?

Hey Pizza,

I built it. Having a couple problems, but nothing I can't handle. Just too damn busy, man. Can't work on it at work, and when I go home I have too much stuff to do. Bad time of the year.

Anyway, I did get it all together and running. Runs pretty awsome despite having a few problems. I had UT2004 cranked up to full video and sound detail, plus 24 bots on Adept, and it ran like greased weasels.

I'm having a problem with the heat of my processor. It stays at 79-85C, soon as I boot up. Though I'm going to check the heatsink to make sure it's on properly and add some more TC, I'm beginning to suspect that the heat sensor is bad.

Also, three days ago, my main monitor crapped out. Figures. Anyway, I'm sitting next to my new one right now (got it shipped to work). So I'll try that tonight. Hoping for no dead pixels. I'm a graphics person, so one dead pixel is like having someone's finger in your eye the whole time!

Other than that, no worries. It's boss.

Even with the above problems, and AA turned OFF, I ran the 3Dmark benchtest. Despite getting 1fps throughout the second half of the test (most likely because I had AA turned off) it performed better than my old system. Sorry, can't remember the number at the moment. Something like 5000+, which is good considering half the test was wasted. *sigh*

Oh well. This is nothing out of the ordinary. I'll probably be bugging everyone for help later on, when I get time. Maybe this weekend.

Can't wait to get this baby all tweaked. I wanna open up a can of HOLYSHYT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom